I currently work as a senior user centred design consultant for Opencast Software, a tech consultancy that is expanding its offering into user centred design. Here, I am involved in all phases of the UX process:
- lead in all aspects of designing products or services, upholding user centred design and accessibility standards
- facilitate workshops, remote and in person, with stakeholders and users to gain a shared understanding and get first-hand insights
- plan and conduct user interviews and other user research studies such as contextual research
- analyse findings and identify user needs
- perform desk research such as analytics reviews, expert heuristic reviews and competitive analysis to understand the online performance of a product or service and see where it sits within the marketplace
- run content audits to examine how useful the content is and to identify how to improve it
- develop information architecture systems to organise and structure content within websites and apps
- sketch storyboards and concepts to help convey a narrative of a product or service
- wireframe and prototype at all levels of fidelity, including HTML prototyping
- test design hypotheses through usability testing and guerrilla testing
Ways of working
I work in multi-disciplinary teams where I collaborate with stakeholders, business analysts, researchers, designers, developers and QAs throughout the lifecycle of a project to help our work meet high standards for usability and design. I have experience working in both agile and traditional waterfall delivery.
Throughout my career, I’ve worked for a wide range of organisations and brands in retail, technology, financial and government sectors.